Monday, May 25, 2009

Goodbye Texas, Hello China!

Wednesday May 27, 2009

Hello loved ones and friends and welcome to my blog! I will be keeping this blog as an online journal for everybody to view throughout my summer study abroad trip to CHINA. I will be taking my computer overseas but of course communication will be minimal, so this is a perfect way for everyone to read my adventures and see photos that I will be posting.

Today I am departing from Houston at 5:50pm and arriving in Los Angeles at 7:30pm. There is a long layover and will be departing from Los Angeles at 1:40am and will arrive in Beijing at 5:20am. Oh its not over yet! Finally I will depart from Beijing at 8:05am and will arrive in Qingdao at 9:30am which at this point it will be May 29.


I will be staying at Ocean University in Qingdao, China for a 10 week Texas A&M faculty led study abroad program. For those of you that do not know, Qingdao is is a major city in eastern Shandong Province. The city is a major seaport, naval base and industrial center and the city also held the 2008 Olympics sailing events. The picture at the top is the city where I will be staying and there is also a map to show where Qingdao is. Well, it is time for me to head off to Houston now...next posting will be in a few days once I get my computer set up in my dorm room!

4 comments:

  1. Have a great time sweetheart and be safe! You'll have the time of your life, and know that we all love you, are thinking about you, and support you completely in every way. Enjoy every minute of it, take every problem like a challenge, you got this baby. It will be so amazing. I love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alison,
    Even though dad and I will miss you all summer we know that you are getting to do something so-o-o special and we encourage you to 'follow the yellow brick road' of adventure and learning. Remember, when you need to, just click your 'Ruby Red Shoes' + close your eyes and then you will see us when you say... "There is no place like home!" We will be waiting for you back in Texas with open arms.
    Love you, Yomoma Jenice

    ReplyDelete
  3. In case anybody is wondering, I just spoke with Alison on the phone and all is well. I'll let her tell the stories thus far, but for everyone who is checking in on her on this blog, she will have internet access tomorrow (Sunday) and be able to Skype. Add 13 hours to Texas time and thats Qingdao time, so Alisons Sunday will be Texas' Saturday evening/night. If you want to pay international fees to call her, dial, 011+86+13156891312

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alison...It is Queen Landa checking out your Blog...what a GREAT experience for you!!! I look forward to reading about all your wonderful experiences. I hope your eyes aren't slanted by the time you get home..ho ho. This trip will change you life in more ways than you can imagine. It will make you appreciate the USA in more ways than you and count too. I know you will be anxious to get back to Texas and the lovely new house on the ranch..I can't wait to see it myself.
    I am going to Los Angeles soon to help Clint/Sarah pack for their move to Nashville on June 17th. Lots of Hugs from THE QUEEN of TEXAS...Landa

    ReplyDelete